Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Plan B Update

Ok, so last Sunday I went out. I went to the SM Mall of Asia in Pasay, and met Plan B.

All week long, and before this Holiday break, we, Plan B and I, have been thinking about going out…on a date. We have talked about it several times already. Finally, the plans have been put into action.

So we agreed on going out last Sunday, and a certain place and time. I arrived at the venue at around 1pm, earlier actually – I know, it’s not the usual me being prompt and early and shit – than I expected. Leaving the house at 11:30 in the morning and navigating the Metro through the MRT, was faster and easier.

Being quite early, I thought of just “reserving” seats. People were stacking up, and in a way, pressuring me to go away – Yeah, I know I don’t have anyone yet, but what the hell, couldn’t you not reserve seats before you order?! Ugh. So there, waiting…. Waiting. I’ve waited for more than 30 minutes already and no Plan B. Then I panicked.

I was still calm, but I was thinking of the possibility of him ditching me – and that’s really depressing! So I texted Nezza for an alternative and accompany me in my hopefully-not-failed endeavor. Unfortunately, she was doing something – cleaning her room – so I let her go and told her that if ever she is free, go there and see me.

I set a limit for my waiting, which was a maximum of an hour – I think that’s quite just, for I traveled the same time as I’ve waited. Then he texted me, saying that he’s now standing at a place near the meeting place, and he is wearing a light purple shirt. Seeing people go to the Mall is insane – they wear all sorts of stuff, and actually, I was afraid that Leo, yes, Plan B has a name, will go there looking all tacky or all porma, like OA porma. But he didn’t, he went there sporting this laid back moment, with a cute purple shirt, shorts and clogs, Crocs.

His skin was so cute (weird description, I know). It was fair and kind of hairy (He is really hairy). Hahaha! But that’s what it is. His lips were insanely pink, and those matched his puppy-dog eyes that stare very innocently. It was magic. He’s probably one of the cutest guys I know, and actually dated.

The date went on as planned. We ate at McDonald’s for lunch, talked about random personal stuff, and walked through the mall. We didn’t buy anything, aside from a 32 ounce smoothie that we shared. It was so sweet and big, the smoothie, so we ended up finishing the thing after an hour and a half. We went to the bay area and talked some more. I thought then that we are connecting. At that time, there are no more awkward silences and pauses, making the conversation spontaneous and dynamic.

We talked about several stuff when we were at the bay area – bashing people, love, sex, past relationships, being happy, family, school, plans in the future, and more. We sat down beside a huge Christmas tree (a fake one though made of paper, wood panels and glittery stuff – which got stuck on out shirts, both Leo and I). There, we waited for Nezza. They were introduced to one another, and after that, we again, walked through the Mall. Talked again and laughed, then talked again.

It was night time then, as Leo warned me about his curfew (yes, at 20 he has a curfew, and yes at 22, I cannot go out at the tardy hours of the evening). So we hurried and up and went to Burger King for dinner. We shared food for the serving was generous…and enjoyed it. I love how he looks at me, so innocent though very confident.

After the dinner, it was time to say goodbye. It was almost 7 in the evening then, so I had to let him go. If I could, I would want to spend the night together, or have him with me in our house – but both were not possible. He walked us to the terminal and there I hugged him, and bid farewell.

The experience was awesome, and I loved how he reacted to the things that we did and the things that I said. But he reminded me of someone. Passivity in his gestures reminded me of Milk/Plan A. But then again, I do want to move one and date Leo steadily, though not yet permitted at the moment.

The moment I arrived at the house, I looked for Leo. I did want to talk to him right away for a second date. But he was not there. For 2 days, I think, I though he was ignoring me, made me feel sad actually. I texting him, leaving him messages like a mother trying to reach his son/daughter and checking if he/she is alright. But I wanted him to respond in a way that agreed to my feelings – I want him.

After sometime, we talked again. I was relieved like hell. Satisfied. I wanted to have a second date right away, but I have stuff to do, and a family to attend to – same as his case.

So my next step is to keep on communicating with him – chat, text, video calls etc – just try to establish this connection. I like him, and I would want to take it to that level of mutuality.

Love really is a hard thing to work on, especially, when it is not mutual. Happy New Year folks! XOXO

No comments: